Spider Related Delays

Spider related delays are a common thread in a lot of my projects, and we have our first related to this one.  I wouldn't say I'm in hurry up and wait mode since I need the four month wait for my empennage kit to get things ready for the build, as well as save the money to pay for tools and the balance of the kit.  That being said, the one thing I can build right now is the work tables for my garage that I mentioned earlier.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I've been using spare lumber I had sitting around for the table since 2x4 prices are somewhere north of stupid right now due to the pandemic.  My largest source of spare 2x4s that will work for this is a wooden platform I had used for a flight simulator project that I'm not tearing down.  Well last weekend I upended the platform to begin disassembling it and was met with spiders and a half dozen or so egg sacks.

Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope, Nope.
  

I can do snakes.  I can do angry dogs.  I can do conflict oriented middle aged women who feel as though they need to create drama to remain relevant and noticed (barely).  Spiders are a big no for me, so I haven't gotten to tearing this thing down for its precious wood.  May need to just bug spray the hell out of it, or may just set it on fire with the rest of the house and cut my losses.  

While waiting for spider-gate to resolve itself, I've been browsing tools and various builder blogs and vlogs to get a plan for which tools to buy.  I've been looking for some listings of used tools to purchase and weighing whether to buy them piecemeal, or buy a set from one of the few distributors who sells the things you need (and some you don't) in a package.  Still evaluating that decision as of the time of this writing, though piecemeal is consistent with my desire to fund this project as I go and buy what I need when I need it (or just before).  To be continued.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a Start

Empennage Order Submitted